Monday, January 3, 2011

Feast

IMG_0027

Hi. I'm Savannah, and I have so many things I want to share with you.

When I bake a cake, I always enjoy the simple pleasure of scraping the batter out of the bowl and licking the spoon clean. I say, why not? It's my cake. And my spoon, most of the time.

I have never been known for my disposition towards moderation. Quite the opposite, in fact. In the most literal sense of the words, my life is feast or famine.

This year, I've decided, will be about feast.

So let's have an adventure together, friends. We don't have far to travel- there's plenty of it already lurking in the forgotten corners of our pantry. Let's peruse the world of the culinary greats before us and make use of my endless litany of secondhand cookbooks. Let's try out ingredients we've never tasted before, let's simplify and master a dish that has always seemed out of our league. Let's take the pretension out of boeuf bourguinon. It's just beef stew made with red wine!

And most of all, let's savor each and every moment together. I want to grab every opportunity I'm presented, culinary and otherwise, and gobble it up with a zeal and gusto unrivaled. I want to leave no stone unturned, no glass unemptied. Because after all, life is too short not to lick the spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment